ソリューション ファインダー 技術サポート

DC and AC conversion issues

Posted by: ROSELJR on

DC and AC conversion issues I know that in theory, the direct current can drive home appliances after reversal. 1. I want to use a battery to drive a 700w household blender. Is it really feasible? How to configure the battery to work for 1.5~2 hours? How high is the cost? 2. Does the motor of the general stirrer use DC or AC? Do you use DC? Recommend one 3. If a DC motor is used, can I directly use a battery to power the motor? How to modify it?

コメント

Submitted by PI-ZBDelta on 01/12/2022

Hi ROSELJR,

A blender usually have a universal motor, meaning it can be powered by either AC or DC. If the motor is rated for 7A at 115V full load, a battery pack consisting of 15 in series of 2s2p lipo batteries would need each cell to have a capacity of 7000mAh to run it for 1 hour. If each battery only has a capacity of 3500mAh, the motor can only be operated for half an hour.

For safety purposes, a battery pack would need a battery management system (BMS) to monitor each cell's voltage, current, and temperature. If it is to be charged using high voltage DC, the BMS would need to have a balancer feature to ensure each battery is charged properly. If it is to be charged using a readily available lipo charger, the battery pack would need to be disassembled and each cell charged separately.

In order to power the control board of the blender, a dc to dc converter must be used to match the voltage/s on the board. However, most blender boards are designed to use AC to power the motor so a separate DC motor controller may be necessary.